Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Day 15

Yesterady was a disaster. Sleep is a funny thing - sleep deprivation had been accumulating and I wasn't really noticing it. I was just happy to be awake and productive so many hours in a day that I ignored the weird feeling in my head, just going with it, thinking I would adjust and it would be all ok. Well yesterday morning I blew up at my SO for a ridiculous reason. It was bad. I decided I needed more sleep.

What went wrong? I was following all the sleep patterns pretty much to the letter. I think my body is taking a long time to adjust - perhaps my initial assumption about going slow and easing into it is best. I slept an hour at noon, then a couple of hours in the afternoon, just easing off the schedule some and adding more sleep in. Then I went to bed at 3am and got up at 8 am this morning, just to give my brain a rest, and a chance to recuperate. I will continue to try to reduce my sleep.

Observation: on 5 hours of sleep I am well-rested, as much as 8 hours before I started this experiment. So perhaps I need to do it in phases, by cutting back on sleep, then increasing it but not to prior levels, so that I am averaging toward less sleep, and deeper sleep.

That's the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment