Saturday, February 21, 2009

Day 4

I must be crazy. I awoke 20 minutes before the 3-hour timer went off. Thinking I should get more sleep I slept until the alarm went off. That's an old habit of mine, even though I wake up I think that I must ensure I get enough sleep so I go back to sleep and wait for the alarm. Seems to me now that I should probably get up when I wake up. I will have to remember that.

I got up at 7:20. I'm somewhat bleary-eyed, but I feel no tremors and have no hangover. I've had a glass of milk and am sipping red tea.

Went to the gun show, alert and energetic. Wasn't quiet tired but anticipated that the outing would last a couple of hours longer so at 11am I started a 20-minute nap, interrupted when Kurt and the SO appeared at the truck. Still, it helped.

Napped for 20 minutes around noon.

1:30pm: So far today: 3 1/2 hrs sleep, and feeling fine.

3:00pm: napped 20 minutes, rolled over and napped another 20 because I was feeling lazy lol

6:30pm: napped 5 minutes - was on my way to the gym and didn't have time for a full nap. Even 5 minutes seems to help.

7:15pm: lifted weights - everything normal. Bench was down a bit but I expected that because I took a week off weightlifting prior to this.

9pm: At a friend's house, took a 22-minute nap. Feel asleep quickly; slept deeply.

1am: My lungs are congested. I believe it is due to the extreme and unrelenting South Carolina humidity. I become congested each time I visit here for a few days, so I believe this is unrelated to the change in sleep patterns. Took a decongestant tablet. Set the timer for 30 minutes to give myself some extra time for sleep due to my congestion, but awoke after 15 minutes. Got up.

1:38am: My mental focus is very sharp. Studying is more productive than I can remember since my pre-teens.

5:00am: Congestion is gone. No ill-effects nor drowsiness from the decongestant. Time for my core sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment